Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How to let the daylight in....or why white sometimes need some help

I wanted to create a guest room on the top floor. I kept the brown closets but had them painted...yes you guessed right...WHITE. The orangea carpet that once covered the patchwork floor revealed a beatiful wooden floor underneath. I had that roughly sandpapered and then painted -yes right again-white.


But even with an all white the room (especially the hallway outside the room) felt a bit gloomy...so how do I let the light flowing from one room to another? I walked out into the garage/barn and JOY...found some old windows. And voilá a new idea was born...what if we insert a window into the wall?

 So inserting the window and creating a whole to do so was to take place while I had a working meeting at home, guess what? The wall turned out to be built on 2 other walls and the noise that this "simple" idea generated really took the meeting to a trying soundlevel...so the idea had to be postponed for a day to get tougher tools...



 

The day after the so called more appropriate...tougher tools arrived..and with them the noise got worse...My poor sleep overfriend had a huge patience being waken up by this lovely happening (thankyou for your patience Johanna!)  I sort of forgot to mention this to her prior to convincing her to come over for snowballwar and glögg the evening before.




 And once the light flooded in over the stairs I realized...ah it doesn't at all have to be all white ...but that's a whole new chapter....


No comments:

Post a Comment