Saturday, December 5, 2009

Building my dream

Let's see if this can be done...

I  just bought a house, contract signing on Monday. And it is an absolute crazy idea that got me going to begin with. 


I live a comfortable life with my 2 kids, no real work at home except for cleaning up every second of the day when my boys are home. I totally refurbuished the house prior to moving in 18 months ago, but living in a condo with 2 wild kids every second week is becoming unbearable. Not to mention the fact that my neighbours seem to know more about my whereabouts than me. 


That is one of many reasons that got me going on a house hunt this summer, but I never would have guessed where it would take me. 


I looked for every possible opportunity to stay put in my current living area as it would mean that my kids could stay in their schools, but as it turned out, my area is overly priced...to the the verge of being obnoxious, so the hunt went on and moved furher and further away from my original plan, and one day
 ...she was there


... On Hemnet just smiling at me. 
"Hi I am soooo charming.... sooo not where you want me to be.... and soooo impossible to say no to!"

So now I am onto my 4th  total demolish and rebuild journey and this time I thought that I would share it with you. This time I am doing it on my own, no guy on my side, just my 2 crazy wonderful boys and me...the "single" mom working full time. So far the real estate agent, the different contracters, the plumbers and the couple that sold me the house have looked at me with a smug expression. But the more they doubt me and this decision, the more convinced I get, that this will be a trip. Crazy but definatley a trip.  
Want to come along? 





No comments:

Post a Comment