Monday, December 7, 2009

and we're off


Today I signed the final papers at the bank, and while I was doing it I realized that the demolishing part was altready up and running. The contracters got the key Yesterday and at 1 pm today, driving to the bank, they called me to let me know they were already half way through the first demolishingpart. What would I have done if the sellers all of a sudden would have had second thoughts?
" -ooops sorry, I guess I was a it hasty but hey, look att teh bright side I am sure that you still wanted to change your house around a bit ; =)

 The kitchen area is getting in place and once all the walls are down I will be able to see what to do with all that space. The kitchen will be almost 50 square metres, but then where do all the parties end up if not in the kitchen?  My idea is to open up, teraing down walls, so that the kitchen will be palced in the hart of the house, letting  light in from 2 sides. Today this part of the house was very dark as all of it was facing North.

Budgets, electricians and here we go....
The electrician caught me on the phone between 2 meetings explaining why or why not my plans on spits in the roof is not going to work. It turns out that the old spits will soon be replaced by the new improved ; ) led system but of course the led system is  still too new to be cost efficient ...or light efficient for that matter. Ok great we're already breaking budgets, half day into the project.

This evening the carpenter called, saying that they looked at the floors underneath the plastic carpets, (the ones that I was hoping to be able to save...) and ...he did not think that it would be worth saving, Did I want to plan for Siljan floor not only in the kitchen area but also in the hallway?

Hmm scary, so 1 day into the project I am already leaving my original plans and budget, surpreied? Not really.

But still with anticipation and a smile ;  )


No comments:

Post a Comment