Friday, December 11, 2009

meeting the plumber...


Wow, the site is a mess...If I thought that we had gotten anywhere Yesterday it is nothing compared to what I saw today.

Arriving the first thing that met my tired gaze,  was a huge crane dumping, insolation, floor and God knows what in my yard.








containers are starting to look filled up already, will there be place for more or do we have to order another one?


In the kitchen Fredrik, my carpenter, met up,. covered in dust-as always-big smile on his face, teamed up with a somewhat smaller guy...Eurueka-the plumber.





I tried to get into the kitchen not a very easy task in high heels but I mangaged the balancing act (not a very nice site but then who cares? ) without ending up in the basement. Yes you read correctly...THE BASEMENT!

Many places in the floor was missing, replaced with sand, dust and a big hole down to the basement. Interesting, we're really doing a thorugh job here, is what my positive side said...What the helll, was what the less "charming" side of me said.


Explanation, the floor in the kitchen was in such a poor condition that it had to be removed completlely. The positive side on the other hand is..that the plumber had free access to whatever he needed access to (pipewise that is) which gave him the uncomfortable assignment of saying that it would not be that big of a job since most of the areas are freed up. I can't wait to see what that means in money..


wiew of my kitchen from the basement ; )

bedroom in the making...

Hey, it just struck me week 1 is over!


  1. 30 hours of carpentry (mostly demolishing) is done.
  2. Electricity is unplugged,
  3. plumber has been to the site.
  4. 2 Christmas carolling events with tone deaf rosy and happy children
  5. 2 developmenttalks, endless hours of preparing
  6. endless hours trying to find kitchen/bathroom bargains at blocket and Tradera

has passed by,  and I survived....

What a week! I am going to grab a glass of whine and just melt into a nice caoch potato position.

 I Deserve it! and by the way...so do you ; )





2 comments:

  1. Oh, that glass of wine sounds great :-) I would have one too, but I think we are all out. Strongbow cider will have to do, but it's below freezing out... gluhwine would really do the trick!

    Impressed you've lived through week one and only wanting one glass of wine ;-)

    Hugs,
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, vilket projekt gumman. Behöver du en paus från dammet så packa in ungarna (eller inte) i bilen och kör ner till goa Janebrantarna i Malmö i jul. Det var alldeles för länge sen - saknar ditt glada leende, och en update om livet i allmänhet. Jag drar till Kina ikväll, men kommer hem lille julafton. Vi måste höras. Puss & kram, Ammi

    ReplyDelete