Wednesday, December 9, 2009

more demolishing...day 3


Rushed off to the site today together with my wonderful 8 year old. He immediately settled in on a pile of bricks making himself comfortable.  Wonderful Samuel,  this kid is an angel when it counts. But then I think he knew how to handle a hammer and a nail before he walked.


Both Electricians were there smiling (I would too with clients that knowingly are comlete suckers) and all I could say to them was:

Ok Guys, the budget is WAY WAY WAY out of my reach so just fix whatever needs fixing and leave the rest. I really don't care how I will fix the rest but I will figure that out as we go along.  
Needless to say I was nowhere near the nice person that once walked them through the possible assignment. (that was only 4 days ago)

Both with faces expressing , ok she is already loosing it, reacted instantly. Either way the result was pleasing:

They promised to revise their origial offer and get back to me with a second suggestion...hmmm...can't wait to see what that means...double up ? ; )

In the meantime my carpenter, covered in dust says...so do you want the good news or the bad first? He really must be joking did I look like I could handle any news at all?

kitchen in the making...






2 comments:

  1. You really know how to negotiate! I'm looking forward to the electricians offer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hespn keep sending that positive input!!!

    ReplyDelete