Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday 27 the clock is ticking...



As I went to the house today, driving in a grey mist of fields that looked to end, or never end, mixing with the equally grey sky, the hugeness of this project struck me...and with it the doubts. What have I gotten myself into? Will the money last? What if they don't? How am I to manage this on my own? I am really deep into ... this time...
And then I entered my house to be reaching a complete mood shift...

Stepping into a house blasting with music, 3 builders and an electrian who tried to shout over the music, could have been fun if they did the whole YMCA thingy, maybe thyy do when I am not around...had I landed into "build and demolish with dancemoves"?


Never the less progress had been made:
 
A wall had been built from the hallway to the kitchen, the floor was done all through the kitchen and the hallway so no more stepping into thin air!


a door that they found in the attic had been mounted.

wall from kitchen to hallway, with a door and electricity...almost!


Radiotor, pipes, old electricity... all removed, and replanned. The walls to my future bedroom are waiting for the last finish, read: hanging sheet rock"gipsskiva", prior to painting and floorfixing....


The bathroom prooved to be a challenge. Not only for me finding tiles, sinks, shower, and a tub... My plan with big tiles on the floor, had to be scrapped, Fredrik tried to sooth my disappointment saying that it may still be possible to fix it the way I want, but not completely. After this project is over he will be suitable to apply for a job mediating at UN  between wild ideas shooters and "know it all's"

 He did look a bit scared today as it seemed as it had just dawned on him that this is a BIG project! Apparently his Christmas was spent underneath my house trying to get the drains to connect. He had had huge problems of creating new drains as it has almost been impossible for him to get underneath the floors to get them in the right place. Apparantly this had completely crashed his time plan. I was under the impression that he didn't really have one...

Anyways here's the ground for my new bathroom floor...hmm hope it looks better tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment