Saturday, January 2, 2010

progress? Yes but when will it start to look like it does in my head?


Stepped on to a new floor today, no more free hanging stairway or hole into the basement for that matter. The house was also unusually warm, they got the heat going again, but apparently only in half of the house. It turned out that some of the plumbing needs to be checked, Surprised, not really?




Bathroom roof, had to let go of the free bearings in the ceiling in this room, on the other hand I will get spits there....


shower ? hard to believe ; )



 place for the tub...


future toilet seat with built in shelf for toilet rolls...



Building a special designed bathroom sink required us to take in the walls in, (or do you say out?) a bit further, as we had to strengthen the construction of the walls, I hope it will be worth it. The bathroom has been settled but still no tub, shower, shower walls, sinks or taps ordered. Tiles are decided upon though so I think that a lot of the actual building up part will be made this coming week, I hope...


Kitchen is progressing nicely 

On Monday the kitchen will be delivered, the painters are there today so that Fredrik and his team can get going on Monday on getting the kitchen started. I still have to order fridge, sink and tops for the counters.










kitchen wall in cement

The real paint and floor job will start on January 10, I still wonder how they are planning on being done-but I am not getting worked up  about it ...yet.

In the meantime I think I need to get started in my packing and dismantling of my old life...again..This year is really starting with a bang!

3 comments:

  1. Satt och bläddrade lite och fick syn på bilderna på huset utifrån. Vilket urgulligt hus - fick mig att tänka på Pippi. Men så är du ju lika stark som henne också (mentalt i alla fall)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. puss gumman, all mental uppmuntran är helt rätt just nu ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otroligt imponerad! Vilket projekt - vilken CV - men framför allt - vilket häftigt hus du kommer att få! /Kalle B

    ReplyDelete