Sunday, January 17, 2010

my swiss chees kitchen roof, and the eloped electrician











The kitchen is almost done, like the baby-blue?  Now it turns out that my electrician has eloped and stopped the whole process. Nothing can be finalized until he finishes the job, but he refuses to be contacted screening all my and Fredrik's calls. GREAT!!!
On the bright side: Before he left he decided to leave his signature which turned out to be more or less 20 15 cm diameter holes in the roof misplaced and in a complete disorder which makes the whole roof look like a swisscheese. I am not amused and everything will now be delayed with at least one week.



The bathroom is starting to look ok, but I am really nervous whether this crazy idea will work.
I am plastering all walls except for the space behind the shower, it will look cool hopefully…






My happy list of things that have gone wrong this week
  • Placement of lights in kitchen all wrong, remade-wrong again, kitchen roof full of holes
  • Placement of electricity in kitchen behind ovens wrong
  • sockets missing 
  • Floor to bathroom impossible to set the way I wanted it, tiles too big and not "flat" enough
  • Bathtub smaller than anticipated so waterline fall will not be as planned
  • size of shower-space had to be made smaller as the space between tub and shower became too narrow
  •  Sink to kitchen damaged, had to be changed
  • Kitchen board surface damaged had to be reordered
And more not even worth to mention, bathroom and kitchen should have been made by end of December, both are still in the making...and now I am getting a bit frustrated.

Thank God or good friends and Champagne. These are really what a tired me needs.




No comments:

Post a Comment