Thursday, January 7, 2010

sinks selected, kitchen getting there...and new decisions

Too tired to write much, but were moving along. My colleague pointed out to me that there were no new pictures or news during Christmas and right she was, I didn't feel that I had to take you through all my discussions and haggling with suppliers of tubs, sinks, tiles, kitchen appliances etc...I actually spent most of my Christmas shopping, excelling my haggling skills to the max ; ). My hopes were that it all would be over and done with by now. But as it turns out, one decision leads me to ten new ones to take. I am going to be an expert decider by the time this project is finished, definitely something to put on my CV ; )






Once the kitchen got set up according to the plans (with correct measures) , the placing of the lighting turned out to be all wrong.
It became quite apparent that the electrician really didn't bother to look at the plan,which completely makes sense in "no sense land! I mean he was just focussing on his part, how could lighting have anything to do with what the carpenter was up to?...More decisions...more frustrations or just plain creative challenges ; ) I'm going with the latter.  AHA,  one more to insert into my CV very skilled in realizing nothing ever goes according to plan; ) And with that expert in problem solving and creativity! Hah!


sinks in the making ... process...process...process


No the plumber is not praying, but he is thanking God for my extremely costly choice ; )

laundry-room and "groventre"



window is getting replaced...

Today they were 4 guys (1 carpenter, 1 electrician, 1 plumber and 1 "tile layer") taking this massive piece of wooden counter for the kitchen into the house. It weighs 250 kilos. I wanted to film it, but realized that it would have meant playing with my own life...Needless to say they weren't very happy with this particular task, but they did look amusing,:GO left, no LEEEFT, go right, STOOOOP, my foot, don't let go...Shit my hand hurts....!"Before getting down to the deed, they did ask me if I wanted to give them a hand, in return I asked them if they thought like I looked as if I could handle it. Sometimes the woman card is a nice one to have ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment