Friday, December 18, 2009

the magic flying stairway, the magic of beams, and the magic of kids



Today the former owner dropped by to leave some papers and some extra keys, fortunately I was not there to see his reaction, but according to the builders he was in a state of shock- As he is a cool guy he survived without a heart attack and his last comment before leaving the house (for good?) was..It's a good thing that I'm not the nostalgic kind of guy. 

I can only agree . This is what met me today, I came over expecting to see a new wall and a kitchen floor instead I almost fell into the basement (again) as the floor in the hallway had been removed. Interesting when you see the stairs practicing free hanging acrobatics,  challanging any natural energy force that may work aginst it. Either way it was still havging there as long as I was in the house.





The kitchen wall is getting back up again so that the electricians can hang the new fuse cabinet on something more than air. The thing that I don't get is that Fredrik (carpenter)  argued that he had removed the wall to begin with because he wanted to lay the floor in one line...hmmm something's rotten in the country "Svalöv" I suspect that he tore the wall down in a "tear EVERYTHING down frenzy" and then realized that he had gone berserk with one wall to many...



Anyway  as you can see I am starting to get a nice kitchenfloor.

















As we are tearing things down things magically start to re-appear. This pipe was covered with modern bricks, as we removed them  this beautiful line was hiding. Still not sure if I can, or want to keep it like this though.... as I am planning to insert an fireplace on this side....






...and get the fireplace to work on the other side. Can you believe how beautiful the floores were underneath the parcque (parkett in Swedish...)

The floor that I have choosen in the kitchen is follwing the same line (almost the same dimensions) as in this room even though the floors are not half as nice as these original ones.













Removing theroof that came falling down in this room this is what was underneath, I will definately keep  the beams in this room as well...oh well okey... .maybe fixing it up a bit ; )





Bathroom to be ? Hard to believe right now but the beams are...yes you are guessed right outragously cool.

So Friday night again and the place is still a mess, less than a week to Christmas, I am starting to prepare my boys to the fact  that it may be so that we will eat a lot of pizza and sleep in the same bed for some time, they laughed and said, it's ok mom, We know that you are a bit crazy but we will have fun togther.

 love my boys.


2 comments:

  1. It looks like it's coming on nicely Livia...and some nice architecture hidden beneath years of bad home furnishing choices. I need to see a pic of the hanging staircase! This adventure will turn out a lot better than you could ever have hoped. What a surprise that the boys reacted that way to "eating a lot of pizza", not! Love Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice floors. Can't wait to see it. Happy to following it from a distans ;-) I have seen quite a few of your house projects first hand through the years. This is just going to be so cool. Way to go, girl.

    ReplyDelete