Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Monday and no kitchen roof...


Great news, arrived to the site today to find that now I could look up into the attic standing in the basement.

The great part in this is that my roof is app 25 cm higher than before creating even more space, and the "balkar" (don't know what they are called in English but they are holding the construction...) are really beautiful. Without hesitation the decision was made, keep this beautiful roof as is, preferable just by painting the wood...And as an extra bonus I figured that I would be able to do without the spits...you know the ones that would cost me so much to install in my discussions with the electricians...

As I spent the weekend shoopping for tiles, lighting etc I also found a way to have a great lighting concept without having to install spits, that should maker the electricity even more cost effective..or so I thought..


My Sweet Electricians informed me that that would not be the case as they now had to dedicate ther time to drilling through "balkar"instead of installing cables....It didn't help that I pointed out that Fredrik could help with the drilling while they did the installing. No that was not possible,
MAIN MESSAGE stop complaining and changing your mind lady, spits you wanted, spits you get, or at least if you change your mind the price still sticks...Either I didn't 4step them enough, know I didn't as most of my timeline only allows for straight into adoption... or they have far too much to do to even bother with customer satisfaction and flexibility?


pipe to the old fan...very close to start a fire according to Fredrik. All I can say is thank God for my preference to tear down before I build up.
 
It is intersting how one argument to why it was so expensive to do the electricity to begin with isn't really releavant when turning the page.  Honestly I didn't really get the why, but then again...all I really care for now is to get the tearing down part over so that they can start building...

No comments:

Post a Comment